Shurtugal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Inheritance RP

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Character Application - Erathel Son of None

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erathel

Erathel

Character Application - Erathel Son of None Empty
PostSubject: Character Application - Erathel Son of None   Character Application - Erathel Son of None I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Character Application Outline - Neutral Characters.

Full Name: Erathel Son of None

Other name: Erath

Race: Human

Side: Neutral

Birthplace: Slaver camp along the edges of the Beor Mountains.

Birthday: 28 years ago Smile (no idea) lets just say today since i made him today. October 7th 1983.

Eyes: A sharp and bright Indigo color.

Hair: He has about shoulder length black hair that is normally pulled back into a ponytail.

Weight: ~190lb's

Height: Close to six feet.

Magic User: With a history of fighting in the ranks of the dwarves against the Urgal
tribes he was constantly exposed to magic users, whether they were his dwarven
allies or the opposing Urgal Shamans. After Gaining higher ranks through military
prowess the need to be able to fortify his mind and learn the ways of magic became
ever more necessary. It would then be safe for his superiors to give him the vital
information needed to carry out his increasingly difficult tasks, and should he be
captured his spell casting on top of being a means of fighting without arms would be
a vital tool in helping him escape. Thus he has since trained with the best of the
dwarven spell casters, Du Vrangr Gata, and even when the opportunity arose,
consulted with the few elves that have had the need to visit Farthen-Dur.

Preferred Weapon(s): Erathel prefers to fight with a hand and a half sword and shield combination. He also has a keen eye with a bow and when mounted prefers to use a pike.

Personality: Very disciplined, an honest and hardworking young adult. Erathel tends to be serious but is not afraid to flex his sense of humor along with those military muscles. He is not so much completely devoted to any one cause but is devoted to the right thing. On top of everything else he believes in helping all who need it and protecting those who do not have the means to do so themselves. Definitely a friend to all who need one, all around a very dependable and good person.

Appearance: Growing up with the dwarves with their blacksmiths and stonemasons he has acquired a very athletic build. Muscular but not so much so that he cannot be quick with a sword. As a committed captain he is almost always garbed in his full armor, (minus the helm) in case of unexpected attacks or emergencies. When he is not in his armor he is well dressed in the fine clothes that his station has earned him.

Likes/Dislikes: He loves challenging himself, often in the sparring field facing off against 2 or 3 of his friends. He also likes to spend time by himself, enjoying the peace and quiet outside the chaos of battle. He cannot stand any type of cruelty or ill will and will always step in to try to prevent it even if it would cause him personal injury or discomfort.

Strengths: Well reasoned and generally a logical person he is good at talking people around to his point of view. Lots of experience in battle have made him an excellent military leader, capable of making quick informed decisions even in the heat of battle.

Weakness: Erathel is a man of action, and is therefor not very patient when it comes to the useless politics that govern just about everything. In general his orders are in the same boat as doing the right thing so he has no problem with them, but he will not hesitate to disobey if they lean towards the wrong. (even if they are "necessary") In general he also has a hard time talking to women, he can be a courageous battle commander but he is still very shy when it comes to courting someone.

History: Not-So-Brief History: Erathel was born to a slave woman in a small camp along the edge of the Beor Mountains. She did not survive the birthing and he was brought up by the other slaves until he could walk, then he was chained and slaved himself. The slaves he grew up with soon were traded off and replaced with new ones tearing apart what little sense of family he might have had. Then around the time when he would be 13 or so the slave caravan was attacked by Urgals. People where dying around him, slaves in their chains and slavers fighting these giant monsters. One of the Urgals turned and noticed Erathel, chained like the rest to the slavers cart. Advancing towards him he let loose a bellow in anticipation of the kill. Erathel managed to pry a sword from one of the dead slavers at his feet and backed away from the Urgal. As the beast charged he flung the sword out in front of himself. Later on he had found out that a group of dwarves had chanced upon the battle and had slew both the urgals and the slave traders. They had found Erathel underneath the body of a dead urgal his sword through its chest but unable to escape its weight. Erathel spent the rest of his adolescence apprenticed to one of the many blacksmiths. in the beginning he was given tasks that didn't actually involve making anything, such as pumping bellows, pounding out iron, hauling water, and sharpening and maintaining various tools. Erathel slowly earned the respect of the dwarves with his silent laboring. No complaining just doing what he could and helping all who asked. Around his 17th
birthday the smiths decided he was able enough to work on more involved tasks, teaching him how to shape metal and repair various weapons and occasionally armor. This new position exposed him to the constant needs of the Varden's military and he would always watch in awe as these great commanders came in and out with their orders. On one of these occasions he was given the task to repair a breastplate for a captain, who upon seeing Erathel suggested he might join the ranks to help fight off those who would harm others. Erathel soon left the smithy and enlisted remembering when he was a slave and how the dwarves had freed him. He then devoted the next 10 years or so to the military, racing through the rough training with the strength he gained from hours and hours of pounding on an anvil. His diligence and hard work again did not go unnoticed and he quickly rose in the ranks. As he became ever more important in the fight against the Urgals and The Empire it became necessary for him to learn how to fortify his mind to keep his orders and other important information a secret from his enemies. He found he had a talent for worming his way around his enemies mental barriers and eventually caught the eye of Du Vrangr Gata. With their help and that of the dwarven spell casters he slowly but surely became quite formidable in the arts of Gramarye, his persistence and hard work not unhelpful in this task. While fighting his enemies he eventually came to the conclusion that this is what he would do for the rest of his life. He would devote his life to helping those who were unable to fend for themselves and right as much injustice as possible. He had not forgotten his days chained to a wagon, his friends and family traded off to rich people throughout the Empire, and the mindless slaughter of the Urgals who attacked his small group. Although being in the military afforded him a chance to help those close at hand it frustrated him that he could not make a bigger difference, could not help all those in Alagaesia not just those in Farthen Dur. If only he could have a dragon hatch for him! The Varden with Arya, constantly had the eggs put in front of people in Farthen Dur to tempt the dragons inside to pick a rider. He decided that at the next opportunity he would seek to join the group of people put up for selection, and test his luck. As a rider he would be able to travel to the ends of the earth if he wanted and be able to help people everywhere until his dying day. No other end would satisfy him more.

Would love if this guy could become a rider, not sure what the rules are for that or what i would have to do for it though.

I did a picture of him too...

Password: Draumr Kopa

Character Application - Erathel Son of None Aren_fin_by_SKetches4Funs
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Application - Erathel Son of None   Character Application - Erathel Son of None I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Might I say that this is longest character history ever, and I love it. Much thought and time shaping this character makes it a sin for me to change him. Can't wait to see your posts around here!

One question though, I'm putting him in Neutral as per your request, but why isn't he a Varden member anymore?

ACCEPTED!
Back to top Go down
https://shurtugal.rpg-board.net
Erathel

Erathel

PostSubject: Reply...   Character Application - Erathel Son of None I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Well to tell you the truth i thought it might be cool to have him start his own group. If i got a chance, and i dont know if i can do this but i would love to have him make his own city. I figured that in Eragon the reward for capture or information on him and Roran was an Earldom. Since Erathel wants to help "Everybody" in Alagaesia i cant see him being happy about killing the people forced to help Galbatorix. If hes not with the Varden, and not with the Empire, maybe we can do something like the old Riders, where there was a group of elders and they helped everyone. i dunno. i feel like im rambling, i wouldnt mind having him join the Varden i just want to role play Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Application - Erathel Son of None   Character Application - Erathel Son of None I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:31 pm

No no no, I was just asking for your character's story's sake. Since he was raised so intertwined with the Varden and such and then has no ties to it. Maybe because he was so close though that he saw its flaws. But yes, that does sound interesting with his own sect and such, see what you can think up!
Back to top Go down
https://shurtugal.rpg-board.net
Erathel

Erathel

PostSubject: IVE DONE ANOTHER PICTURE :D   Character Application - Erathel Son of None I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:36 am

Character Application - Erathel Son of None Arren_2_by_sketches4funs-d4slzsr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Application - Erathel Son of None   Character Application - Erathel Son of None I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Application - Erathel Son of None
Page 1 of 1